Welcome to the City of Manhattan Beach Finance Department website - your gateway to all things financial and more. The department's responsibilities include accounting, payroll, investments, and procurement, as well as business licensing, animal licensing and utility billing. This wide range of services is provided through the following department programs and functions:
- Budget and Accounting
- Business and Animal Licensing
- Water and Refuse Billing
- Parking Services
- Filming Permits
- Quarterly Sales Tax Updates
- User Fees and Cost Allocation Study
- July 5, 2016 Cost Recovery Fee Update City Council Review Report
- Proposed Fiscal Year 2016-17 to 2018-19 Cost Recovery Fee Adjustment Schedule
- 2015 Adopted Cost of Services (User Fee) Study (PDF)
- 2015 Adopted User Fee Table - Effective 7/1/2015 (PDF)
- 2015 Adopted Full Cost Allocation Plan (PDF)
We are particularly proud of the City’s Aaa/AAA rating from credit rating agencies Moody’s and Standard and Poor’s. This rating is a testament to the City’s continued strong financial position, our tradition of prudent fiscal decisions and a resilient economic base. All departments contribute to this achievement through high levels of service and proactive financial management.
The Finance Department is staffed by a dedicated, hard-working team of seventeen professionals, ready to assist you. And, with the website and our on-line services, we can assist you twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, from a location of your choice.
So feel free to browse our site and take advantage of all it has to offer! And if you have suggestions for improvements, send me an email, or give us a call (310-802-5553). Or if you like, drop by City Hall. Extended service hours for residents in the community, as well as vendors or business-owners are Monday through Thursday 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM, alternate open Fridays 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.